Re: [OM] Life photo archive @ Google

Subject: Re: [OM] Life photo archive @ Google
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:28:13 -0800
Wiliam Wagenaar wrote:
> Is it an error?
>
> Seems to me that NASA had some very modern digital cameras available to them
> at the end of the 60's.
Am I missing a virtual smiley? Or is your sense of history worse than
mine? The first digital camera was created in 1975. And it was certainly
not competitive with 35mm film, let alone 6x6 MF. And it was hardly
ready for space travel.
<http://www.retrothing.com/2008/05/kodaks-first-di.html>
> Now when the photos are published on the we we find out that they forgot to
> change the EXIF data since the photos were all taken in a studio just days
> before the date they wanted us to believe some astronauts landed on the moon.

Ah, now I see the smiley...

Wherever they were shot, it was with a Hasselblad.

Moose