[OM] OT--A few New Ones

Subject: [OM] OT--A few New Ones
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:37:24 -0500
For those of you not opposed to looking at images from full-frame
cameras <g>, I've put a few new ones up on the site. The Home Page
pic is new, and was taken a few days ago. Temp was 20 degrees F.,
wind was roughly 30 knots, and I use the term "roughly" advisedly. On
the Big Water page, the Angry Sea 3 & 5 are new, and from that same
day, though a bit earlier. Or maybe it was the day before. Sigh. The
first image on Pemaquid Light is new, and from about the same time. I
spent a couple of days freezing my arse off down there. Have been
reluctant to return. <g>

And then on Critters, there's a Northern Hawk Owl, which is rare this
far south. Yep, in some regards, Maine is "this far south." He caused
quite a stir, and hung around for a while. May still be around. On a
birding list there was all sorts of piss and vinegar about feeding
wild birds, 'cause some guy was turning mice loose and then taking
pics of old Hedwig here scooping them up. He went 5 for 5.

FYI, the owl shot is a very heavy crop off the original image, in
which the owl is a rather minor feature. The best I could do was the
Nykon 70-200 2.8VF, with a 1.7 teleconverter attached. I think it
held up pretty good. I may even put a few out this season, though
they'll be roughly 5x7 matted to 8x10. Haven't sold any bird pictures
any larger than that.

Thanks for looking!

--Bob Whitmire
"Art's just fart without the eff."