Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:26:51 -0500
At 08:22 AM 1/21/2009, Joel Wilcox wrote:

>That was fun to look at, Iwert.  It looks like you shot fairly wide
>open most of the time.  Is that correct?  I'm wondering if, aside from
>darkening, there is the same non-linearity in the metering system that
>one gets with a Zuiko on an E-system camera.

Hi Joel,

I saw that Iwert answered in the negative in a follow up Email but
that doesn't agree with my experience.  I've found that with my 5D
the error varies with both the lens and the particular f/stop being
used.  For example, with the 24/2.8 OM, mine over exposes by 2/3 stop
from f2.8 to f8 and then by 1/3 stop at f11.  With the 50/1.4 Zeiss
the exposure is +2/3 stop at f1.4 and right on the money from f2
through f11.  But, as shown by Iwert's comments YMMV.

Later,
Johnny