Re: [OM] Obese cameras and E-system Uberbricks

Subject: Re: [OM] Obese cameras and E-system Uberbricks
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 11:50:25 -0600

> It is not part of my ethic to take money from stupid people.
> My regard for this "well regarded pro" is already down a notch.

While I agree with you in principle, in practice this is the expectation.

For example, I can no longer provide stock images because my digital cameras
have too few pixels and the editors no longer accept "film grain". Do I
yield to temptation and spend the thousands on a new digital camera JUST to
satisfy these weenie's needs?  I decided that what little revenue I was
getting from stock didn't satisfy the need to upgrade on an annual basis.

But one cannot continually fight the system.  Sooner or later, the
photographer has to satisfy the customers needs/desires.

However, this particular photographer probably could have gotten by with
buying just one Nikon and lens and just had it sitting there looking pretty
while continuing to shoot with the gear that he wants to use.  Excuse?
Olympus lenses are better.

AG