Re: [OM] 1TB drives now under $100

Subject: Re: [OM] 1TB drives now under $100
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 17:11:08 -0500
You size limitation is imposed by not having LBA (logical block
addressing).  See:
<http://www.dewassoc.com/kbase/hard_drives/hard_drive_size_barriers.htm>
and scroll down to "The ATA Interface Limit (128 GiB / 137 GB) Barrier"
near the bottom of the page.
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303013>

You might also want to read this: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303013>
The software tool referenced in this article is something available from
Microsoft that would be familiar to IT personnel managing large numbers
of systems.  I understand what it says but wouldn't attempt this myself.
  If you don't understand it it's time to move on to another system.

That said, you can utilize a larger drive by partitioning it into
multiple, smaller "logical" drives each of which will have their own
drive letter.

Help the economy.  Buy a new system.

Chuck Norcutt