[OM] What I did for Earth Day

Subject: [OM] What I did for Earth Day
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 18:39:16 -0400
Hooray,
A Moose post with some great images.  There was a stealth pseudo high
mag macro--- the insect is metal--I remember that
statue from my last visit to that park on the AM before  going to visit
Moose.  Duckling shots turned out nicely.

Also noticed the -2/3 compensation.  I thought that was the Moose
A650/G9 evaluative metering sunny 16 setting. It works well with the G9
(thanks for mentioning that) --still high contrast conditions with deep
shadows and bright skies are tough for the small sensors--pick blocked
shadows or white sky.
I was not aware either that Moose liked the -2/3 approach with the 5D
for those conditions.
Mike

Nope, none of that "helpful" stuff. Didn't plant anything. Did drive my
car.

We did honor the Earth by visiting the SF Arboretum in Golden Gate
Park.
We wandered about enjoying and honoring the many examples of the flora
of the Earth, and a few of her creatures.

135 images is way too many in one way. However, I wanted to simply show
the chronological story of our wanderings and the things tha caught my
eye. Anything shorter is a selection of favorites, rather than a
travelogue. I've put it up with Jalbum, so there is a slide show
feature
by clicking the upper right button on any index or image page for low
effort viewing.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/StrybingArboretum/index.htm>

There are certainly some images I really love included, along with -
aaaaahhh - baby ducklings, a few people, including one trying to become
invisible in unusual camouflage, what appear in context to be aliens
and
a lone bit of urban Whimsy, especially for Tom, at the end.

We finished up with more Pizza Orgasmica, from the mother ship this
time. A good day!

Moose