Re: [OM] Ontario wildflowers from a Saturday hike

Subject: Re: [OM] Ontario wildflowers from a Saturday hike
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 15:24:51 -0500

> They are similar as a species to Bleeding Heart, which I also find
> difficult to capture satisfactorily, but they are also white and
> easily blown out.  Exp comp of -1 EV is a good starting-point.  What
> you will do about the wind comes next.  Also, lying flat to the ground
> is a drag.  I always forget my bean bag.

At lunchtime today, I loaded up the OM-4T with a roll of Gold 200, mounted
the 300/4.5 with a gob of extension tubes and went tulip hunting.  Shot an
entire roll then dropped it off at the one-hour lab on the way back to the
office.  I'll pick the processed film up on the way home.

Whether or not the film turns out is secondary.  They sure looked great in
the viewfinder and that was most uplifting to me.

As to the wind--always wind...  I'm glad I had ISO 200 film.  Even so, I
took plenty of shots because F8 doesn't give you much shutter speed.

AG