Re: [OM] IMG: three new panoramas

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: three new panoramas
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:08:28 -0400
I see the dark bands in the sky which look like the image is not well
blended in those parts.  But I also notice that the sand is decidedly
darker closer to the water and that also aligns with the dark sky bands.
  I'm wondering if your camera was on manual exposure control.  It
appears that there is a slight (1/3 to 1/2 stop) exposure difference as
one progresses from the water and across the beach.  When making a pano
the exposure must be consistent through all shots.  If that's not the
cause then I don't have any other suggestions.

I don't much care for 360 degree panos as I find them visually confusing
unless matched with a 360 degree circular viewer ala QuickTime.  I
prefer to stay in the 120 degree range but with the camera vertical to
gain height in the image if it's going to be very wide.

Chuck Norcutt