Re: [OM] Yahoo! Chuck can focus again

Subject: Re: [OM] Yahoo! Chuck can focus again
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Nov 2009 20:02:35 -0500
Actually, as surgeries go, it was a piece of cake.  The anesthetic they
give you doesn't totally knock you out.  You're supposed to be awake
enough to respond to commands such as: "Look down" (I got that one 3
times).  However, I was totally unaware of them having cut the eye.  At
some point I was watching what was a psychedelic light show of
undulating red, blue and white lights that seemed to go on for a couple
of minutes.  Not sure what it was except maybe the ultrasonic
homogenizer that they use to break up the old lens.  Next thing I knew I
was mostly awake and being wheeled out of the operating room back to my
staging area where I stayed for about 1-1/2 hours before being
discharged.  The entire surgery requires about 10 minutes and there was
never any pain.  The eye felt a bit irritated throughout the day but
that was resolved by rinsing occassionally with artificial tears.  My
vision was initially like looking through a heavy fog but the fog
rapidly dissipated over several days.

I have no qualms whatsoever about getting the right side done in the
morning.

Chuck Norcutt