Re: [OM] ( OM ) Offer made for new body

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) Offer made for new body
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 07:24:29 -0500
Good news and I hope you enjoy the A1.  I love the A1 but rediscovered
some of its limitations a few days ago.  We went on a tram tour of Port
Manatee <http://portmanatee.com/> a few days ago (recommended, BTW).  I
decided to take the A1 over the 5D since the A1 is small and does 28-200
equivalent without lens changes.  Also, the day was bright sunshine
which meant the A1 could operate in its ISO 100 comfort zone.  What I
forgot is that I'd be moving on the tram making focusing and viewing
difficult.  To make matters worse, although I ended up with an outside
seat on the tram I turned out to be on the wrong side for 90% of the
interesting subjects.  Anyhow, I ended up with almost nothing usable.
Most of that was due to being in an unfavorable position for photography
but when the opportunities did present the A1 often wasn't up to the
viewing and focusing task on a moving platform, especially when moving
toward or away from the subject.

Chuck Norcutt