Re: [OM] New glasses

Subject: Re: [OM] New glasses
From: <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 23:23:00 +1200
When I had my new-prescription glasses done a couple of weeks ago, the
plastic (presumably moulded), coated lenses, fitted to the old frames I
provided, were ready early the next day. Not a few days or weeks; next day.

I also mentioned to them the frames that this new set were to replace.

Similar prescription, the frames had been bought in 1995 at the same
place, but then were my reading glasses which were to become my distance
glasses as my eyes changed. The spring in one leg had broken which made the
spectacles fit my face a bit lopsided, and I had repeatedly fixed this
using instant glue. I'd finally had enough of this arrangement which was
why I returned for a new test etc.

To my utter surprise, they made the offer (which I accepted) to fix the
broken leg ( replacement) and clean the whole set-up ( they have some
super-cleaning bath for this purpose), replace the discoloured nose-piece;
all for a very modest $31NZ.  I accepted gladly, and my old specs are
wonderfully restored to like new.  Just like new.

Brian