Re: [OM] OM-2S(P), shutter release (Was: Incident Light Metering, A mome

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S(P), shutter release (Was: Incident Light Metering, A moment of weakness)
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 08:47:59 -0400
Yeah, soft release buttons NFG.  And they void any lingering warranties.
    They raise the profile of the release button way up.  Anything that
hits the top cover, which would have pressed against the top of the
prism, or ASA knob, now puts all it's force into the release button and
all the levers in the bottom of the camera.  There is 1-2 levers that
either bend of break off.   Would not happen if soft release button
wasn't there.  It essentially changes the design of the camera. Just sayin'.
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977