Re: [OM] My GF-1 as conversation piece

Subject: Re: [OM] My GF-1 as conversation piece
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 19:51:55 -0400
I used to live in LA (more specifically, Baldwin Park) from 1958 to 1961
whereupon I left to see the greater world.  I returned a few years later
only to learn that the orange groves to the north of my parents house
had turned into housing developments and the drag strip I used to
frequent (Irwindale) had been overrun by a massive flood control
project.  I used to get back now and then to Burbank where my parents
moved until they finally packed up after the Northridge earthquake and
high tailed it to Las Vegas.

But I did get to Norcal in September 2008 and did stop to see the Moose
after first stopping in beautiful downtown Iowa to see Ken Norton and
Joel Wilcox.  I also stopped in SoCal to see my sister who was then
still living in Oxnard and I made further stops in Baldwin Park to see
my old house and in La Puente to see my school.  Had I known you were
around somewhere we could have jabbered about cameras until my wife
forced me to do otherwise  :-)

I was also planning to go to San Antonio (where I lived for a while) and
to see Bill Barber in Houston or Austin or somewhere but we just plain
ran out of time and I never got further south in Texas than Dallas where
my brothers live.  I guess you'll have to wait for my next
round-the-country drive.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt