Re: [OM] (OM) Some thoughts on photographing nature

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Some thoughts on photographing nature
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:03:53 +1200
Cc: Jeff Keller <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Jeff wrote

> Brian, Don't you have a Schneider Angulon 90mm f8? The edges might get
> soft but otherwise it should be quite good.
> http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/testing.html Focusing in weak light might be
> challenging.
>
> Jeff
I have an Apo-Lanthar f/4.5 150mm with some lens separation,
an "old" Angulon f/6.8 90mm
and a Super Angulon f/5.6 47mm which is a bit of a challenge and for which
I once (not given up yet) intended to make my own entirely wooden-bodied
shift camera for. The special (and nearly irreplaceable) piece of NZ red
beech wood I got for it was dreadfully spoiled in a workshop accident
through engine oil being spilled on it.

The other Angulon was swapped for a Rodenstock for the 6 x 17. Its rear
element was so huge it could not fit in the Obsession body. The Rodenstock
fits.

Thanks heaps for the lens test chart.  It will be very helpful and restores
confidence in the older lenses.  I have saved it.

Brian