Re: [OM] external hard drives

Subject: Re: [OM] external hard drives
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:37:20 +1000
Of course there are!

At MacUpgrades we supply a host of eSATA adapters, cables, enclosures and
drives from industry leaders such as Sonnet Technologies and Hitachi.

eSATA does not come as standard on any Mac at the time of writing, so to take
advantage of this new protocol you will need to fit an eSATA host controller
into a PCI/PCI-X, PCI Express or ExpressCard slot. This means that at present
only the PowerMac, Mac Pro and MacBook Pro ranges of Macs can use eSATA devices.

Mac eSATA system requirements

MacOS 10.2 or later
G3 Blue and white or later with free PCI/PCI-X/PCI-Express socket.

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx