Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9

Subject: Re: [OM] olympus Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:53:27 -0800
> Stop it before you go blind.
Sorry Andrew, I'm not buying it. I masturbated as a kid and I'm still
here....

Now back to Apple. Apple is a classic example of vertical integration.
It controls everything from the top down. So therefore has total control
of how things mesh together. Reliable but limited by the nature of the
beast. And expensive.

Windows on the other hand takes bits and pieces from all sources. Some
good, some not so. Windows is unfairly blamed for the faults of any
unruly hardware or software thrown at it. A machine made up of quality
bits and running Windows is every bit as reliable  as an Apple machine
albeit not so stylish but much cheaper.

Mike