Re: [OM] Focus screen question

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus screen question
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 14:29:04 +0100
Hi Mike and all,

From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Because buying from jinfinance is*not*  recommended -- should any problem
>> arise, his service is simply*awful*. You'd better stay away from him...
>Ditto. When one of his adapters came apart and dropped my camera in the
>sand his response was basically. "Too bad, Goodby". Of course "service"
>was great prior to sending him money.

Yes, that's the problem... when everything goes right (like including some
other items in the purchase...) any seller will do, and I _was_ very
satisfied with RJ... until my bad stoty :-(

I won't bore all of you with the details, but it took me several *months*
(which precluded any kind of eBay/PayPal complaint, even negative feedback)
and the cost of one return shipping just to receive again the _same_
non-working $80+ adapter, supposedly "rectified" by him. Eventually we
settled on a *partial* refund, but in the form of *credit* towards future
purchases -- I did a final purchase, but despite being several items with
free shipping (that's some advantage for the seller in case of combined
purchase) he didn't sent all of them... stingy!

After that, I have purchased *several* adapters and accessories -- none from
RJ ever more, of course. I once got a (very cheap) broken unit from
godino.cn but got the full refund (money back) without much hassle. I belive
the problem with cheap adapters is *tolerances*, thus I prefer to buy the
cheapest and replace it if it doesn't work right.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)