Re: [OM] If one could dream...

Subject: Re: [OM] If one could dream...
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 19:43:55 +1100
I work for two very different editors regularly. One is cheerful and happy to
pick up errors (except of fact) and even do some rewriting to suit his ideal of
the best style for an article. The other gets snippy if I let a single bloody
typo go through to the keeper and never does any reworking at all. He makes me
wonder why he thinks he's a bloody editor.
I recently dropped him a hint when he grumbled by pointing out that Jane
Austen's original punctuation was so bad that her editor deserved a co-author
credit.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx