Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM to EOS adapter
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:04:28 -0500 (EST)
Great minds . . .

Or is it a great facilitator in James?

New Paradigm Moose

Please report in on how you like it and which mode you like. The
programming on the Optix V is easy and you enter the
programming mode hitting the dof preview 3 times, but it is just fussy
enough that changing the
aperture to the correct one for exif only happens on occasion.  May not
be relevant for Dr. No Flash
but having the max aperture from the chip reported to a flash can lead
to problems.  Instead of
fussing with the chip, it was easier to change to a foot for the flash
that did not report the cam settings
so I could lie to the flash anyway I wanted.

The best solution would have the Optix V--(Optix VI?) chip steal the
trick pony routine of the emf of reporting the max aperture to the cam
to allow use of AF assist if desired but use the cam to report the
actual aperture rather than the chip.  The programming mode
using the shutter for the emf chip looks clunky, but if you have it for
one lens, I suppose it is fine.

Mike