[OM] Lens Repair by a different method

Subject: [OM] Lens Repair by a different method
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 16:54:47 -0500
Content warning: The following may contain religious reference which
may cause severe stomach cramps among athiests. Read on at your own
risk.

So, here's the deal. A couple months ago, my Leica 14-50 lens
developed the dreaded "zoom lock" problem. Unfortunately, before I got
a chance to open it up and tighten the screws, it got stuck in the
wide position.

I Couldn't fix it and it went into backup status. Yesterday, at
Creston, I was taking mug shots of the people when I noticed that the
lens was in the telephoto position.

Being careful not to go back into the wide position, I shot the
pictures and secured it back in the bag in a way that the lens
wouldn't go back to wide-angle. Last night I took it apart and was
able to tighten not one, but two screws that worked themselves loose.

This is just one of a number of neat examples of how God is working in
our lives. This lens was broken and according to my research, beyond
economical repair. No way was it fixable by humans beause it was stuck
in a position which prevented any further dismantling.

Who would have guessed that God is into camera repair?

(to those who are aware of our situation, yes, my wife is pastoring
again and yes, we will be moving).

AG