Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Totally OT - Climate Change
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 18:15:44 +1200
Andrew wrote:

> I wondered what had happened to him after he was laughed out of Australia.
> A dreary aristocratic Tory who is so far to the right of Genghis Khan that
> he can't even see the wagons - and with no scientific background or
> credentials whatsoever. An intellectual blackshirt,  he does have
> considerable background in grim, Thatcherite economic policy. Yes, he's
> articulate and that's the danger - he wouldn't recognise 'real science' if
> it bit his leg off. His views on AIDS are...entertaining.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Monckton,_3rd_Viscount_Monckton_o
> f_Brenchley
>
> Any major social change throws up creatures like this.
> First against the wall when the revolution comes...

Hmm, Andrew, if I were you I'd go looking for that marble that fell out, and
replace it before somebody notices you've lost it.

Because you are talking crap.

I think I understand why you don't like him, but I disagree with you.

As for Australians laughing at Monckton; most wouldn't recognise good logic
if they fell over it.  Recall the insightful observation by ex-PM Muldoon; for
every New Zealander who emigrates to Australia, the average IQ of the NZ
population increases perceptibly, and so does that of Australia ...

Monckton was taken on a science policy adviser for Maggie Thatcher to
screen science papers before they were examined by politicians during the
formulation of policy. He could not possibly done that job if he didn't know
his stuff. He is also a proven computer modeller of data..

As to his criticisms he makes of the IPCC and Al Gore; he reported that the
IPCC have been found to repeatedly ignore basic data/papers which are at
odds with what they want, use algorithms which are spurious, and fabricate
data. Gore has been found to use fabricated and false data in crucial parts
of his film, from which he has made millions..

For those who didn't get to listen to the MP3 I gave the link to, I am 20%
through transcribing it to html (web-pages), and should have it all done
within a few days, unless something goes wrong.

Top link at http://www.brianswale.com/climate-change/

A pdf file produced by Monckton is at the bottom link.

Chris didn't like what Leighton Smith said about the other NZ media ( as you
will see if you read my first page, he didn't get far into the audio).
Most NZ print Media are now controlled by the Fairfax group; so much so
that the NZPA (NZ Press Association) has either just gone out of business
or is considering it because Fairfax do not want the NZPA independent
reporting and there are but few independent papers left to be clients. Fairfax
reporters are a tame lot.

Leighton doesn't mince his words. He tells it like it is, and his audience like
it
that way. He is not PC.

As for the wikipedia article about Monckton, in large part it is scurrilous and
biassed gossip clearly by somebody(ies) who have a dislike of the man. It
has significant omissions and inaccuracies, as far as I can tell, especially
with regard to his academic and scientific/mathematical abilities.

Brian Swale.