[OM] UPS mea culpa, mea culpa, was: Irene

Subject: [OM] UPS mea culpa, mea culpa, was: Irene
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 22:24:12 -0400
My UPS is kind of hard to reach and the last time I set it up I was
plugging equipment into plugs in the rear but with me up front so I
couldn't actually see what I was doing.  When I finally pulled it out to
check it tonight I could see that I had plugged the computer into a
socket marked as "surge protection only".  I had forgotten that the
sockets on one side of the UPS are surge protection only and those on
the other side are for backup power.  Now that I've replugged everything
to where it's supposed to go it all works fine.  Stupid me.

Next time you're scratching your head wondering what went wrong *read
and follow* the directions.

Chuck Norcutt