Re: [OM] Old friends (was "Kodak's long fade...")

Subject: Re: [OM] Old friends (was "Kodak's long fade...")
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:09:57 -0600
On Fri, Dec 16, 2011, at 10:19 AM, Moose wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 9:18 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> > Hey Foxy,
> > Finished my last rolls of KM about a year ago.  I still have seven rolls
> > to scan and need to do it soon as my one last XP computer that can run
> > the scanner is on the verge of death.
>
> I'm running my FS4000 scanner under Vista using an Adaptec 2930 SCSI
> controller and the generic driver that comes with
> VueScan. It works just like it did on previous versions of Windoze.
>
> Vista Scanning Moose

I shan't mess with Vista. I just got an ASUS laptop which came with one
of the many flavors of Win 7, which flavor, however, is not one of those
that can do XP-mode or, I gather, fathom what an ASPI driver is for.
This is assuming I could even find some way to interface the SCSI of the
scanner to it.

My plan for now is to keep an image of my XP startup disk in safe
keeping and just slap it into the PC when I want to do a session of
scanning.  Later I'll figure out how to partition the drive so that I
can boot either XP or 7.  This would be in some sort of desktop setup.

I'd really like to get to the point where the ASUS pretty much takes
care of all of my current needs for both a laptop and desktop,
essentially eliminating the desktop.  The ASUS monitor is just awesome
-- except for the viewing angle thing, equal to or better than my 22"
Samsung LCD.

Joel W.