[OM] Frustrated of Switzerland

Subject: [OM] Frustrated of Switzerland
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:23:21 +0100
Hi All,

back from our first successful winter break with Cai and rest of the
boys, The other times he ended up sick in hospital and either my wife or
I stayed behind to visit him.

We went to a ski resort in the three valleys France and  I decided to
just take my E-PL2 kit with me, this was a big mistake, in the cold the
rear display misted up and somehow I knocked  the dial and it got set at
6400 iso so a lot of images are useless, I should have realised but when
it snowing I was just whipping the camera out of my pocket taking a snap
and putting it back and I never really got a chance to look at them
while we were there.

So blaming the camera ;-)  I so wish I had kept my E-1 I am looking for
something else that is no so easy to mess up.  Am I missing something
but despite all the technology all cameras can really control is the
shutter speed, aperture and iso so I would love a camera that just has
those dials plus an easy to read accurate meter in the viewfinder, maybe
the new Fuji will deliver that but I have an investment in m43 lenses so
I hope panasonic or olympus deliver a pro camera that has better
controls. I am also very dissapointed with the PL2 battery life, my
canyon will last for a couple of weeks of heavy shooting on one battery
whereas the PL2 is lucky to last a day.

Is there a better m43 camera, that offers what I seek the E-P3 maybe?
or will I have to switch away from the m43 system. I have been
considering an E-5 as I still have some 43 lenses but I really wish I
had kept my E-1 (or I suppose even the E-3)

Frustrated of Switzerland

aka IanW