[OM] LR at 300 dpi was Sagelight editor

Subject: [OM] LR at 300 dpi was Sagelight editor
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 13:25:29 -0000
Eh?  To the best of my understanding nothing is saved in LR at 300dpi. Or
3000dpi. Or any dpi. So that would explain why you are having difficulty
finding out.

Let's assume you start with an image 3000 x 4000 pixels which you crop to
2800 x 3600. If you had printed the original file to size 9 x 12 inches, it
would print at 333dpi. The cropped image printed to the same size would be
at 311dpi. A further crop to 1400 x 1800 pixels would give a 9 x 12 print at
155dpi.

If you need to produce a file from the 1400 x 1800 image which will give a 9
x 12 print at 300dpi, the arithmetic requires that you find some extra
pixels, and if you are wondering if LR can do that (up-rezzing) the answer,
I believe is "no".

Hope that brought some clarity of thinking :-)

Piers