[OM] FYI - Kirk did a nice preview of the OMD

Subject: [OM] FYI - Kirk did a nice preview of the OMD
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 15:13:11 -0400 (EDT)
The NEX manual focus override is a joke, impossible
to hold the focus button half depressed without firing the shutter when
trying
to focus, and it zooms in to a fraction of the image and takes too long
return to full view, it is a worthless effort if you want fast
response. I just can't get the hang of it.
I do like the camera for

Hi Wayne,

I met a photog with a Nex 7 at an orchid show and it wasn't all that
bad.  She got along with it OK but t was fussier than I would prefer. I
occasionally check on on alt lens forum on FM and appears at least on
the 7 the MF is eminently worktable. What you describe is horrid. I am
betting the clunky menu and/or poor documentation  contribute to the
difficulty using it.

On the 7 one apparently switched the AF/MF to "toggle."

Set MF Assist (enlarged image) to "off"
when using AF, Then push the AF/MF toggle to MF, the red peaking DOES
work, (e-mount then , though never an issue with adapted lenses) and
the manual focus ring works--so it is reported.
I bet it is similiar with the 5.

I think you are spot on concerning the "DMF"--direct manual focus
option with fine tuning with the shutter half pressed. That seems like
a crazy design.

Mike