Re: [OM] How'd they do that?

Subject: Re: [OM] How'd they do that?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 21:03:32 -0400
Oh, I think I understand non-destructive editing.  It's what ACR does
(in that the raw file is not modified) and I like that just fine.
Having even more would be fine too except that I'm not sure what
Lightroom could do for me beyond that.  AFAIK, beyond cropping, sizing
and sharpening for print or web display Lightroom doesn't do any of the
additional editing I do that requires masks and layers.  Non-destructive
cropping, sizing and sharpening would certainly save space but not time
and I actually don't print or display many images so even space is not a
major consideration.  I forgot the space occupied by the converted raw
files but even that's trivial in an age of terabyte size drives.  My
computer is relatively slow but it can read a converted raw file many,
many times faster than it can re-convert a raw file.

Chuck Norcutt