Re: [OM] OT: Change of car

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Change of car
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 10:16:29 -0300
Back in the 1990s we were once given stiff treatment at, and inside, a
California border  inspection shed on highway 101 between Brookings, OR and
Crescent City, CA. The CA border agent wanted a complete tally of all the
fruit we had with us, citrus or not and hinted at a complete vehicle search.
Barring only enough for a lunch snack it was made clear that any surplus
would be impounded.  Maybe out of country licence plates made the border
goons jumpy or they saw us as those to be toyed with :-) We had been warned
ahead of time only to take an orange apiece for lunch and no more .......!
The inspection shed was large enough to house a 30m swimming pool ! We were
the only vehicle inside for a shakedown !

jh