Re: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-D EM-5 review at dpreview
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 20:47:22 -0700
On 5/4/2012 2:58 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> One person's kludge is another's bees knees. For static objects and
> macro the adapters seem fine.

True enough, if you add plenty of time available to static and macro.

Still, I wish Carol were a video maker when you, Marnie and I were dancing
around a laggard Monarch Flutterby still
hanging around a field in Cogswell's Grant in mid October. I suspect we looked
a right bunch of fools! :-)

That was the place for fast AF.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Travel/NorthEast_2011/Critters/Real&image=_MG_4659croofm.jpg>

> It is looking like the OM5DIII chipped adapters with the improved AF
> precision may work out well.
> An EVF with focus peaking and the central zooming may make MF a piece
> of cake.

The precision of focusing with 10x live view on a tripod is amazing. It's also
scary the way it shows how shallow DOF
often is. Still, putting that focal plane right where I want it is sweet.

> <... too complicated, brain hurts ...>
>
> Still curious why Nathan dumped some MFT lenses that have quite  a good
> reputation.  He excercises his gear quite a bit (to excellent effect)
> and if he dumps it, I pay close attention.

He's still dating, but hasn't decided which digital system to take to the
altar. :-)   Seriously, the playing field is
constantly changing, and will continue to do so, albeit at a slower pace than
at the beginning. So if you can afford it
and have the right constitution for playing the field, why not?

OTOH, AG has been in a digital marriage for ages that has its good and bad
points, but is ultimately unsatisfactory. But
he's too cheap to date, so he wants to find the perfect second marriage without
trying out relationships. ;-)

I seem to be somewhere in the middle, changing compacts fairly frequently, and
bigger cameras pretty slowly. IF I didn't
have such a problem selling stuff, I might change more often.

Play The Field Moose