Re: [OM] IMG: The Art Above Us

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: The Art Above Us
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 09:28:09 -0500
Charles, I suspect that an examination of the grounding and cable-tv
entrances to the house will show a few violations of current code.

In our house we are buying, it is current to 1983 standards. One of my
first acts will be to upgrade the grounding to current code (which
involves installing an entire ground field). In my case, I'll actually
be going a step further and making parts of it conform to commercial
building code with the twist of telco/data center level protection if
I can get a halo ground installed.

The key to grounding is to always make sure that no grounding wire has
a tight bend in it. DC goes around tight corners, high-frequency AC
doesn't.

AG