Re: [OM] A Different Flight of Fancy - Welcome back into the fold?

Subject: Re: [OM] A Different Flight of Fancy - Welcome back into the fold?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 22:03:21 -0700
On 7/19/2012 4:45 AM, Joel Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2012, at 09:07 PM, Moose wrote:
> You may have missed the allusion. Ah, you were probably thinking it was Oly
> who was prodigal all this while!

No, I got it.

I'd just never made the connection between the Biblical phrase 'fatted calf"
and veal. I realized I know people who
would not eat the main course at the meal celebrating their return. I used to
love veal piccata, with the old fashioned,
'real' veal, but choose to switch to maintain domestic harmony.

The reason for the change is long gone, but I continue to be surrounded by anti
veal folks. In the process of trying to
make it politically correct, I suppose the beef industry has probably changed
'veal' so that I might as well stick to
chicken anyway.

At least real Italian sausage, full of pork fat and fennel, is still around.
:-) About time for my rotelli, sausage and
asparagus dish, but my daughter-in-law can't eat that much gluten without
unfortunate consequences, so it will have to
wait a bit.

She did eat some of the home made croutons in my famous Caesar salad last night
after taking a new pill that's supposed
to help. No reports as yet.

> Joel (fated to explain jokes and suchlike) W. P.S. With the fall of such a
> mighty oak, can Chuck remain standing much
> longer?

Sounded like he might be weakening today, but used the rebate expiration as an
excuse. ;-) Really, I don't want to
convince anyone else, at least until I've actually put it through its paces.

Bad Influence Moose