[OM] Canon S100 [was A Different Flight of Fancy - on it's way]

Subject: [OM] Canon S100 [was A Different Flight of Fancy - on it's way]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:31:37 -0700
On 7/25/2012 10:57 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> Well, have fun, whichever you use.
>
> I must say that I am sooo glad that I followed your example and bought the
> S100.  I lost it on 2 June, while walking a granddaughter, but managed to
> find another with my insurance claim.  It makes very high quality digital
> images for me.

It ups the ante from the G11-12, not a lot, but noticeably, at pixel level. As
I've noted, it's like its lens/sensor
were made for FocusMagic, or vice-versa. Apply FM OOF deblur with radius 2, and
magic does indeed happen. At base ISO
with FM, I can't imagine anyone would recognize the image files as from a
smallish sensor compact camera.

The Sony RX100 is being touted as perhaps better. I haven't seen image samples
yet. It's about 30% thicker and the zoom
range is back to S90-95 days, 28-100 mm eq. Also about 50% more expensive. All
no doubt a result of the much larger sensor.

Compact Moose