Re: [OM] National Geo Photo Contest

Subject: Re: [OM] National Geo Photo Contest
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 08:03:55 -0400
I'm not a critical of them as Ken.  I liked most of them.  However, #5
(the leaping leopard) looks like a poor PhotoShop job to me.  The very
limited depth of field is strange but feasible (assuming something like
a 400mm at f/2.8 and 50 meters distance).  But take a look at the tree
trunk at far right... it's sharper but farther away than the one to its
immediate left.  Looks to me as though the photographer did a blurring
job to get the shallow depth of field look but forgot part of the image.
  Ugh!

Dr. Focus