Re: [OM] National Geo Photo Contest

Subject: Re: [OM] National Geo Photo Contest
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 22:45:19 +1200
Dawid wrote
> The leopard image is almost certainly a composite, yes - or at the very
> least, a bad and inconsistent case of masking the leopard and dodging the
> hell out of it to make it appear bright and flat. The shading on the
> Leopard - the direction of light and intensity of shadows - are
> inconsistent with the rest of the image.
>
> The shallow DOF is not the problem - the Zuiko 250/2 would produce even
> much shallower DOF at this distance / composition. But the massively
> inconsistent lighting and tones are! A clear fake.

I was about to draw attention to the lack of shading on the underbelly of the
leopard while the trees all have it; and when I got to the end of the Digest,
Dawid has it covered.

There's something wrong with the eyes of the leopard as well, and I suspect
the scale of the animal vs that of the branches..

Photo clearly a fake.

Brian Swale