Re: [OM] Blu-ray version of M -disc should be out soon- probably readabl

Subject: Re: [OM] Blu-ray version of M -disc should be out soon- probably readable over 100 yrs
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:53:50 -0800
> From: usher99@xxxxxxx
>
> Won't turn into coasters in 5 years.

Assuming there's an economy left, and you're still able to read them on
something.

I just have to laugh when I read predictions of 100 years -- about ANYTHING!

The way things are going, the disks may still be readable, but there will be no
humans around to read them. :-)

And the following came up totally at random:
:::: We stand today at a crossroads: One path leads to despair and utter
hopelessness. The other leads to total extinction. Let us hope we have the
wisdom to make the right choice. -- Woody Allen