Re: [OM] IMG: Shucking Corn

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Shucking Corn
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 19:48:38 -0500
Probably not the sophistication of Master Moose but you can get a pretty
easy fix by using ACR's luminance noise reduction... but first:
1) Since the image is very blocked up in the shadows I recommend first
adjusting the shadow brightness up to reduce overall contrast
2) Brightening the shadows, however, will cause even more noise (the
crystal looking fibers) to show up... those previously hiding in shadow.
3) Then use the ACR noise reduction (third panel, triangles).  Try
setting luminance about 95, luminance detail about 45 and luminance
contrast about 20.  That looks good to me but feel free to choose your
own setting or ignore for something else.

Chuck Norcutt