Re: [OM] IMGs: St. Paddy Greens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: St. Paddy Greens
From: Robert Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 13:45:32 -0700
Hi Chuck,
I don't have that problem and would be curious if others do. Perhaps it was
just a moment in time; I hope so.
This area is all second growth so not as massive as some of the coastal
redwood venues.I too have never been able to capture the majesty of the
first growth trees. I think to really do it right there must be something
that allows the view to relate the perspective. Perhaps a person or animal
or vehicle. Even a bench would do!
Thanks for the feedback; greatly appreciated,
Bob

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Both are excellent and show great depth of field.  I've only been in a
> coastal redwood forest once and was frustrated by my inability to
> portray the grandeur of a single tree.  I think now I was concentrating
> on the wrong thing.  What's the saying... Can't see the forest for the
> trees? :-)
>
> ps:  Despite being modest size images (800x800) both took about 1 minute
> or more to load.  I tried a couple more with the same result. Your site
> is the only place I've visited this morning with such slow performance.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 3/18/2013 12:27 AM, Bob Adler wrote:
> > Saw a lot of green today:
> > At my new favorite coastal redwood forest, Purisima:
> > http://www.rgaphoto.com/coastal/content/PurisimaPanoMASTER_large.html
> >
> > Then out to the coast where we climbed back up to the road:
> > http://www.rgaphoto.com/coastal/content/Stairs-HMB-MASTER_large.html
> >
> > Hope you enjoy,
> > Bob
> >
> > Sent from my iPad