Re: [OM] Photos of why no tourists travel to Wales

Subject: Re: [OM] Photos of why no tourists travel to Wales
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 17:15:46 -0400
You are a bad, bad boy. On my first trip to Acadia as a bona fide photographer,
I stopped at the Visitor Center to ask directions to Hunter Beach because I'd
read it was a fascinating place. The Ranger on duty told me she was supposed to
discourage visitors as too many of them were carrying off the rocks. I promised
not to take anything away but pictures and she relented.

I go every time I go to Acadia, and more often than not don't see anyone else.
It's still not clearly marked, but people know where it is. And I watched a
group of four ladies each steal a rock. Thought about motor driving them with
the D3 and promising to alert the Rangers. But I didn't. They looked kinda
mean. <g>

--Bob