Re: [OM] About nothing at all

Subject: Re: [OM] About nothing at all
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 08:07:18 -0500
> It's quite bizarre.  I was stopped -- blocked, in fact -- on a sidewalk by
> a pedestrian, who I thought might be insane.

Thanks to my dyslexia, I misread that sentence. Glad I edited this comment.

> I was using the sidewalk for a short stretch to
> get to a ramp to the street, in fact.  The ordinance in Iowa City is that
> bicyclists may use sidewalks but must yield to pedestrians, shout out when
> passing, etc.  I do these things.  So I was in my rights...

I tend to avoid sidewalks like the plague. They are about the most
dangerous place for bicyclists, not just because of pedestrians, but
because of vehicles that don't see you and turn in front of you. And I
usually have one foot unclipped if I am around "mobile roadblocks".
Been there, done that, have the scars, will probably happen again.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx