Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - new pano up

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - new pano up
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 14:00:32 -0500
On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The most amazing thing is that you can aim the camera properly for 12
> overlapping shots.  I thought at first that maybe you were looking
> upward into the screen with it swiveled out from the top.  But, no, you
> say the camera was vertical... the articulating screen of no use in that
> case.
>

> Thanks, Chuck.  The first one I did, "Backside Panorama", was horizontals
with the camera at eye level inside the fence.  "Backside Carnage" was
horizontals with the camera up on the stick, but with the screen down.
Even at that, in fairly bright sunlight, I ended up having to straighten
most of the shots of the building on the left, and I didn't have much
cropping room left.

The last one I did by hand-holding the camera vertical with my right hand,
with the RF remote in my left hand.  I could see just enough of the skyline
in the screen to keep it relatively level.  Even at that, that dang West
tower on the left still fought me.  But with the verticals, I had much more
"crop space".  Plus I got a smoother (IMO) stitch with the larger number of
verticals versus the smaller number of horizontals.

--

Paul Braun
Music Junkie

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life." -- Harlan Howard