Re: [OM] New wheeled camera bag - Not quite what I expected

Subject: Re: [OM] New wheeled camera bag - Not quite what I expected
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:47:47 -0500
On Sunday, July 14, 2013, Chris Barker wrote:

> Excellent, Ken!  Just don't expect off-road capability like the JGC, but
> expect to feel better driving it – more class etc . . . :-)

I think it will pretty good for most of what I want to do. Ground clearance
is within an inch of the same year Grand Cherokee, but does have a longer
wheelbase. No locking diff, but the Land Rover bits are evident. I'm a
Beemer fan, and always thought the X5 was one of the best looking vehicles
on the road. As to "Class", well, it does kinda fit with where I work and
live in Colorado. I'm only a mile or so from the Ferrari and Bentley
dealership, and the Acura and Mercedes ones are even closer. There are a
lot of Jeeps, but most of them have lots of mountain goat upgrades. But
the X5 will raise some eyebrows here in SW Iowa.

Between my back pain, long legs and almost 1400 miles of driving when I
drive the trip each weekend, I think it'll be a welcome change.

But it's probably worth joining one of the many online X-driver fora . . .

Any suggestion? I found two or three and the fora culture seems rather
variable.

> And now what suprise will you spring with your next camera purchase?

 Hehehehe. Well, surprises are certainly in order. There's a change a'foot.
Might actually have a surprise this week,

AG

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx