[OM] Trigger pulled Sony Nex-7 on the way. Suggestions on OM Zuiko adapt

Subject: [OM] Trigger pulled Sony Nex-7 on the way. Suggestions on OM Zuiko adapter,
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 15:59:17 -0500 (EST)
On 1/14/2014 3:55 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> I doubt a better one will be designed anytime soon...

>>>It's a big investment, to design a relatively sophisticated device,
tool up,
>>>test, redo some things and produce for a
>>small market. Misjudge the actual market (AG and a few other nuts and
bolts,
>>>maybe Mike), and lose your a**.

The people who made one with such limitations of adaptable lenses
already
screwed up their potential market.

>> I can hear Moose yawn from across the continent.

Say What? Moose quoted the bolt and it was really me, the nut. I insist
on proper credit (blame).

> The people who made one with such limitations of adaptable lenses
already
> screwed up their potential market.

AG responds:
>>Do you have any examples of unsuccess with adapters? Best that I can
tell, there were at least four or five OM-EOS adapters sold. One would
>>think that if even 1/4 of the people who bought OM-EOS adapters were
>>to by OM-m43 or OM-Fuji or OM-Sony adapters (with reduction optics)
>>that there would be sufficient market.

I thought Moose was largely referring to my pasted list of some of the
lenses-may not be adaptable at least with the EF to Nex SB due to
protrusions that could damage the optics--lest I misconstrued. - This
requires dual adapters which may not be the best idea. The dedicated SB
OM to NEX Bo Ming had mentioned (nor EF or OM to MFT) has not appeared
so the engineering may be difficult.
.

Some on this list have worked  anyway--perhaps sample variability but
proceed at own risk:
Olympus OM
OM 18/3.5
OM 21/2
OM 21/3.5
OM 28/2.8
OM 50/1.8
Pentax K
Every Pentax K-mount lens has a protruding fin and an aperture lever.
It does NOT fit."

That be said if he comes out with a SB, OM to MFT perhaps some OMZ
lenses may work even better--veiling flare has been an issue and the SB
I trust will decrease that. Center resolution is actually increased a
tad and the lens is a stop faster.  :-))  Downsides already discussed.
With the A7(R) available the Raison d'être for the SB is somewhat less
compelling, IMO.

Please keep the nuts and bolts straight, Mike