Re: [OM] New cam jitters--what utility do you use to transfer files?

Subject: Re: [OM] New cam jitters--what utility do you use to transfer files?
From: "Nathan Wajsman" <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 11:13:16 +0200 (CEST)
I have a deep dislike using apps to move files around. In my experience,
most problems with lost files are caused by misbehaving apps. This is
exactly why I prefer to use the OS to do that. The steps sound like a lot
of work but in practice the ten steps below take at most 2 minutes.

I did not mention backup because that goes without saying but is not
directly related to the problem Mike raised. When I travel, I copy files
to my laptop and back them up to a large USB stick (they can be had up to
128 GB these days). When I come home, the stuff is moved to my desktop and
a backup drive.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman