Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 23: roundness

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 23: roundness
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2014 14:20:29 -0400
Thanks, John.  I think she just had a passionate dislike of extreme wide
angle lenses.  There was a fad in photojournalism for awhile where extreme
wide angles were used very close and she hated those.  I had not considered
the other possibility.  I'm generally a very trusting person, probably to
my detriment.

Tina

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am having some trouble making clear sense of : "She said there is no
> excuse for using a fish-eye lens that makes the photo acceptable."
>
> Was Ms Steber saying that the photos were simply unfit for purpose
> regardless of which lesser wide angle lens might have been used or does she
> have a passionate dislike of extreme wide angles lenses come what may?
>
> On the other hand perhaps she took a nasty dislike to images that were far
> superior to her own and sought to humiliate the better photographer solely
> on account of her position in the food chain.
>
> Just curious.
>
> jh
>

> On 6/8/2014 11:58 AM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> My favorite was the peeling posters.  When Maggie Steber edited my photos,
>> she immediately through out all of the fish-eye photos.  I thought the
>> lens
>> was great because I could get the entire interior of the adobe houses in
>> one photo.  She said there is no excuse for using a fish-eye lens that
>> makes the photo acceptable.  I wasted a lot of film back then!
>>
>> Tina
>>

>> On Sat, Jun 7, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>  A short blog this week. No travel, a busy week at work, so not many
>>> picture opportunities. Ironically, my three favourites (which lead off
>>> the
>>> blog) are from the office, showing off both a nice colleague of mine, an
>>> impressive meeting room, and a fish-eye lens on my Fuji X.
>>>
>>> It's all here:
>>> http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=1210
>>>
>>> And as always, comments and critique are welcome and appreciated.
>>>
>>> Nathan
>>>
>>> Nathan Wajsman
>>> Alicante, Spain
>>> http://www.frozenlight.eu