Re: [OM] IMGS: Swiss Mountain Chapels - SCOTT

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Swiss Mountain Chapels - SCOTT
From: Philippe <philippe.amard@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 09:46:17 +0200
I will have a look, thanks - architecture for me is a sign of how people
envision their civilization.

Stone and wood are "found" in abundance in the mountains - why should they
bother to import corrugated iron from India or Brazil?
And in any case they have proved long(er) lasting materials.
Only cost in the short run may be an issue.
Now, if your yardstick is the century then ...

OTT Kevlar is also used :-)
For hurricane protection in the US I'm told.
http://www2.dupont.com/Stormroom/en_US/applications/using_products.html

Amities
Philippe