[OM] Paul's PAW - Fying things

Subject: [OM] Paul's PAW - Fying things
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:42:32 -0500
Every year the Collings Foundation brings the bombers to Valpo for several days. This year, they also brought a P-51C Mustang, one of my favorite warbirds.

We've had harsh sun and hazy skies the last couple of days, naturally, but I did the best I could. Couldn't get any closer to the big birds since they were both preparing for takeoff (with enough disposable cash, you can buy a ride on one).

I did shoot some video of the B-17 firing up the engines and taxiing, but the shutter speed on the E-M5 is darn near synchronized with the props, so you hear the fury of those four big rotaries and you see propellers just rotating lazily or not at all.

First six photos here:

Enjoy.  C&C Encouraged.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Berthold Auerbach