Re: [OM] Net neutrality and why it matters

Subject: Re: [OM] Net neutrality and why it matters
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 12:58:00 -0800
There's nothing more clueless than the studios... unless it's perhaps the
music companies or the book publishers. To the music industry's credit,
however, they seem to be finally beginning to get the start of a glimmer of
a clue.

All fail to realize that they've already lost control of the product, and
no amount of DRMing, DCMAing or other pointless attempts at control that
only pisses off their legitimate customers is ever gonna work for very long.

Note that this is *not* an endorsement of copyright infringement (which is
NOT "piracy" as they like to term it for the masses). These industries have
tried to assert increasing control and expand their "rights" at the expense
of their consumers (and in circumvention of the law, in many cases), and
consumers have rightly (in my opinion) rebelled.