Re: [OM] Scanning with camera--revisited.

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning with camera--revisited.
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 20:15:12 +0000
I¹ve been experimenting with camera-scanning some kodachromes from the
50-60s. Mostly for just quick and dirty conversion to maybe a photo book
or something, but they are coming out ok.

My setup is a Sony RX100 M2, resting directly on an Apo Rodagon N 90mm
enlarging lens, which is mounted on a beseler lens board. That board rests
on top of about 3² of lens extension tubes (designed for ³top-hat²
large-format lens boards), which are black aluminum pieces that thread
together, about 3-4² diameter.  That sits on top of the lightbox, which
has the slide sitting on it, with extra light masked off with black
plastic from Kodak Endura photo paper bags.

Overall it¹s pretty squared up, no extraneous light, and works fairly
well. Setting the camera to 3.2x zoom results in a nearly 100% full frame
shot of the slide with minimal cropping needed.  I¹d use a DSLR but I
don¹t own one. The Apo Rodagon N is wide-open.  I tried several enlarging
lenses from 50 to 150mm and this was the closest match with least
distortion.

-Ed