Re: [OM] Waiting for the mail

Subject: Re: [OM] Waiting for the mail
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 10:32:47 -0500
Yes, that's the terminology I understand. In hurricane prone areas in the US the wall plates and sole plates (at the bottom of the wall) get some extra special treatment to make sure they hold the walls to the foundation and the roof to the walls. I was reading some analysis yesterday which shows that when a door or window gets breached the upward pressure on the roof from the wind can easily be 4 times the weight of the roof.

Chuck Norcutt