Re: [OM] Spotmeters

Subject: Re: [OM] Spotmeters
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 15:14:35 -0500

Dr. Exposure writes:
>The world's best light meter is right on your camera.  It's called the
>histogram.  But I also think that the world's best color filters are in
>your digital post processor... no quick-connect filter device required.

Chris might be happier with the OM5DII exposure tools with Magic Lantern hack.
Histo based on raw data with indication of which channels a problem and by how
much.
Need to know where the pesky blown pixels are?---LV Zebra mode also available
based on RAW too if desired.  Otherwise histo uses in cam JPEG that depends on
picture style etc.  As Moose has pointed out and I have  experienced need to be
super careful not to blow out red channel with flowers.  Only recall one  cam
with native firmware with Raw histo and it had a red dot.  There may be others
by now.

Too busy at work these days, preparing for a meeting presentation, or shoveling
so haven't checked if the RAW histo etc is incorporated into the latest stable
build of ML.  If not, better research issues trying to remove the hack.  I have
a way around removing the boot flag from the cam for the nightly builds.

http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=12096.0

Magic makes exposure easy, Mike